I’ve been using my Dell Streak for about two months now. I’ve found that the screen size, camera and Android itself have meant my iPhone hasn’t really left home.
Here are the apps I’m getting the most out of.
The links below are just for interest sake. All the apps are in the Android Marketplace.
- Evernote. This is a must get and use. I’m using the plug-ins in my browser to save content to read while on the go. And I’m emailing .pdfs to read as well. It’s been brilliant for note taking. Couldn’t live without this one.
- Seesmic: I’m a social media hound and this is by far the best way to get at all my social feeds and needs. Like Evernote, I really like that I’m using the same App on multiple platforms.
- TripIit. So, one of the downsides to living on planes is living on planes. It’s not so much the auto-updating of flight information in TripIt that I like – its just not timely enough yet. What it is is having all my itineraries in one place on any device. I’d be lost without it.
- SlideIT: Just brilliant. WHile the keyboard is great on 2.1. SlideIT just makes everything so much easier. Worth every cent.
- Kindle: Perfect for reading all those books that I buy and never get to reading. I hope Zinio gets an Android reader out soon. I’m reading The Passage by Justin Cronin right now – can’t put it down…
- DropBox is a great way to access fat files on the move.
There are a few apps from Google, or related to Google that are worth grabbing.
- Gtasks: I’m a task lists addict – the simplicity of Google Tasks is great and so having them all on my Streak, synched and up to date is brilliant.
- Google Gesture and Google Talk are must haves from the App store. And while you are there, get Picasa rocking for all your photos. Google Sky is fun with the kids.
Two fun apps I have been playing with are Pic
I asked Michael Dell a few of his faves. He pointed to Seesmic and Kindle, along with two I hadn’t looked at – DoubleTwist and Rdio. Taking a look at those now. BTW – the speakers on the Streak are fantastic. So much better than any other player or mobile device I’ve used,
So, loving my Streak. Am iPhone free. And am really surprised that my Blackberry is also taking a backseat to Touchdown.